I never understood the phrase “bucket list,” until I realized that it is a list of things you want to do before you “kick the bucket.” Yuck. This list has nothing to do with dying. It’s mostly a list of things that I’d like to do before I stop living in Colorado, which will happen when I go to grad school, when Taylor Swift finally agrees to marry me, or Martha Stewart decides that I should be the heir to her decorating throne. Until that happens, here is a list of things that I want to do.
- Go to Casa Bonita – See cliff divers. Don’t invite my friend Cartman.
- Go to the South Park area of Colorado.
- Go to Fairplay, Colorado, the town that South Park was based on. On the trip, refer to the town as “Foreplay.” Stop at a gas station and ask for directions to “Foreplay.” When I arrive in Fairplay, ask someone for their recommendation for places to eat in “Foreplay.”
Outdoor Adventure-Related (Since being the least adventurous person in Boulder no longer makes me “cute” and “unusual”):
- Go rock climbing inside
- Go rock climbing outside
- Go downhill skiing.
- Go horseback riding (because my palmist told me to!)
- Not seriously injure myself going rock climbing or skiing
- Go camping with food other than Doritos and a 30-rack of PBR
- Run the Boulder Bolder
- Climb a Fourteener
- See an elk
- See a rattlesnake
Non-Potentially Life-Threatening Activities:
- Camp at Lyons Folksfest
- Tour the New Belgian Brewery in Fort Collins
- Go to my college roommate’s cousin’s pie shop in Fort Collins “Me Oh My! Coffee and Pie”
Play music on Pearl St.
- Play a gig in Denver
- Go “to the mountains”
- Familiarize self with Colorado wildflowers
- Get invited to a neighborhood cookout/party
- Befriend a baby
- Go to a Rockies Game
- Understand the difference between “LoDo,” “LoHi,” etc.
- Go to the dog park that is also a beer garden
Go to the Grizzly Rose
- Go to the Grizzly Rose Again
Go square dancing
- Be in a band based out of Denver
Go to a rodeo
- Go to another rodeo so I can say “This ain’t my first rodeo.”
- Go to New Mexico
- Breaking Bad Tour of Albuquerque
- Go to Wyoming
- Go to Spiral Jetty on the Great Salt Lake
- Go on a stupidly long road trip to LA to get a beer with Elizabeth Aubert
- Go to Idaho
- Go to Montana
Okay, now I’m gonna get cracking!