An update on the Colorado bucket list, for my own edification. I’ve done some other wonderful things that weren’t on the original list, so I’ll list them here:
- Go to Garden of the Gods
- Go to Colorado Springs and be pleasantly surprised by it.
- Bike to a brewery
- See a squirrel eat a piece of pizza.
Okay, time’s a ticking! Who wants to summit a fourteener or scare up a rattlesnake for me?
South Park-Related: Geez, you’re really slacking on the South Park section. Better get on it!
- Go to Casa Bonita – See cliff divers. Don’t invite my friend Cartman.
- Go to the South Park area of Colorado.
- Go to Fairplay, Colorado, the town that South Park was based on. On the trip, refer to the town as “Foreplay.” Stop at a gas station and ask for directions to “Foreplay.” When I arrive in Fairplay, ask someone for their recommendation for places to eat in “Foreplay.”
Outdoor Adventure-Related (Since being the least adventurous person in Boulder no longer makes me “cute” and “unusual”):
Go rock climbing insideThis was really fun! Now I’ve got to go outside!
- Go rock climbing outside
- Go downhill skiing.
- Go horseback riding (because my palmist told me to!)
- Not seriously injure myself going rock climbing or skiing
- Go camping with food other than Doritos and a 30-rack of PBR
Run the Boulder Bolder– Also fun, except for the part where I couldn’t move 4 days later and am feeling pretty over running for now.
- Climb a Fourteener
- See an elk
- See a rattlesnake
Non-Potentially Life-Threatening Activities:
- Camp at Lyons Folksfest
- Tour the New Belgian Brewery in Fort Collins
- Go to my college roommate’s cousin’s pie shop in Fort Collins “Me Oh My! Coffee and Pie”
Play music on Pearl St.
- Play a gig in Denver – Soon! Wednesday night!
- Go “to the mountains”
- Familiarize self with Colorado wildflowers
- Get invited to a neighborhood cookout/party
Befriend a baby– I got to dance with a baby at a square dance!
Go to a Rockies Game– All I’m saying, is I highly suggest doing this in a state where certain substances are legalized. Haha, I said “highly.”
- Understand the difference between “LoDo,” “LoHi,” etc.
- Go to the dog park that is also a beer garden
Go to the Grizzly Rose
- Go to the Grizzly Rose Again
Go square dancing
- Be in a band based out of Denver
Go to a rodeo
- Go to another rodeo so I can say “This ain’t my first rodeo.”
Neighboring States: Again, get it together woman!
- Go to New Mexico
- Breaking Bad Tour of Albuquerque
- Go to Wyoming
- Go to Spiral Jetty on the Great Salt Lake
- Go on a stupidly long road trip to LA to get a beer with Elizabeth Aubert
- Go to Idaho
- Go to Montana