I wrote this Colorado Bucket List in 2014. How are we doin’ here? Commentary in italics.
South Park-Related: Okay, seriously, I need to go to Casa Bonita.
- Go to Casa Bonita – See cliff divers. Don’t invite my friend Cartman.
- Go to the South Park area of Colorado (What does this even mean, 2014 self?)
- Go to Fairplay, Colorado, the town that South Park was based on. On the trip, refer to the town as “Foreplay.” Stop at a gas station and ask for directions to “Foreplay.” When I arrive in Fairplay, ask someone for their recommendation for places to eat in “Foreplay.”
Go rock climbing inside
- Go rock climbing outside
Go downhill skiing.
- Go horseback riding (because my palmist told me to!)
Not seriously injure myself going rock climbing or skiing Go camping
- Go camping with food other than Doritos and a 30-rack of PBR
Run the Boulder Bolder
- Climb a Fourteener
See an elk
- See a rattlesnake Seriously, where are all of the rattlesnakes?
Non-Potentially Life-Threatening Activities: I’m doing pretty well here! Yay for safety!
- Camp at Lyons Folksfest
Tour the New Belgian Brewery in Fort Collins
- Go to my college roommate’s cousin’s pie shop in Fort Collins “Me Oh My! Coffee and Pie”
Play music on Pearl St. Play a gig in Denver Go “to the mountains”
- Familiarize self with Colorado wildflowers
- Get invited to a neighborhood cookout/party
Befriend a baby
Go to a Rockies Game Understand the difference between “LoDo,” “LoHi,” etc.I totally get it and it’s not really that interesting
- Go to the dog park that is also a beer garden Pretty sure this closed, RIP
Go to the Grizzly Rose
- Go to the Grizzly Rose Again
Go square dancing
- Be in a band based out of Denver
Go to a rodeo
- Go to another rodeo so I can say “This ain’t my first rodeo.” Okay, failed on this front.
Neighboring States: Perhaps I should go to a rodeo in Wyoming. Also, I should definitely add Las Vegas to this list.
Go to New Mexico
- Breaking Bad Tour of Albuquerque
- Go to Wyoming
- Go to Spiral Jetty on the Great Salt Lake
- Go on a stupidly long road trip to LA to get a beer with Elizabeth Aubert
- Go to Idaho
- Go to Montana